Habitat for Humanity homes are sold to families who need a hand up, not a hand out. Habitat homes are designed to be safe, decent and affordable. Each home is purchased by a partner family, but the family does not make a down payment and each mortgage is interest free. The mortgage payment, including property taxes, is set at 25% of the family’s Gross Annual Household Income, which makes homeownership affordable. These mortgage payments go directly into the Habitat Regina Fund for Humanity to build more homes. This process ensures that Habitat for Humanity Regina can continue to build a world where everyone has a safe, decent and affordable place to live.
Before moving into their new home, each family must complete a minimum of 500 sweat equity hours. These hours provide great memories, as well as the opportunity to showcase their dedication and hard work.
Who Can Apply For A Home?
We encourage everyone who may fall within the following criteria to apply for a Habitat home.:
1. Each family must live in Canada for 3 years and live in Regina for 2 years
2. Each family must have a stable and reliable source of income
3. Each family must have a Gross Annual Household income between $32,000 and $66,500
4. If a family has declared bankruptcy, it must be discharged for at least 2 years
Interested in applying for a Habitat home? We are currently accepting preliminary applications for Phase 4 of Haultain Crossing!
Applications are reviewed and selected based on:
- The Need for Safe, Decent and Affordable Housing
- The Ability to Pay for the home, including the necessary mortgage, property tax, home insurance and home maintenance payments
- The Willingness to Partner, including completing a minimum of 500 sweat equity hours and becoming a public Community Ambassador for Habitat for Humanity
Habitat for Humanity Regina adheres to the Saskatchewan Human Rights Code.
Habitat for Humanity Regina is beginning the application process for Phase Four of Haultain Crossing!
You can either pick up a preliminary application at our office or ReStore as of February 1st, which is located at 1740 Broder St. here in Regina (Postal Code S4N 2H7), or you can pick one up at 1 of our 5 Community meetings during the 1st week of February.
These meetings will take place at:
- The Eastview Community Centre, at 615 6th Ave. (Postal Code S4N 0A9) on February 3rd (Saturday) from 10 am to 12 pm as well as February 5th (Monday) from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
- Mâmawêyatitân Centre, 3355 6th Ave. (Postal Code S4T 3H7) on February 3rd (Saturday) from 1 pm to 3 pm
- The Heritage Community Centre, at 1654 11th Ave #100 (Postal Code S4P 0H4) on February 7th (Wednesday) from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
- The North East Community Centre, at 160 Broad St. (Postal Code SK S4R 1W9) on February 8th (Thursday) from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
You do not have to live in or near the listed community centres or neighbourhoods to attend one of the meetings. All preliminary applications must be returned no later than February 23rd.
If you are interested in applying for a home with one of our Chapters, please click here