Habitat for Humanity Regina is a growing and vibrant non-profit organization that works to impact communities by breaking the cycle of poverty through affordable homeownership for low income families.
The successful candidate will be a solid performing strategist who will navigate the organization to achieve its financial goals. Reporting to the CEO, the controller will function as part of the senior leadership team and is responsible for the overall financial operations of the organization.
Primary responsibilities include:
Spearheading the transition of financial management duties and accounting software
Preparation of routine financial statements
Managing direct report(s)
Payroll and benefits management
Ensure compliance with internal controls/external regulatory bodies
Monitor and report on financing covenants
Year end audit and financial statement preparation
Lead the compilation of annual budgets
Track and oversee project build costs and monitor against budget
Candidates are required to have a CPA designation.
The hours of work are 35 hours per week.
A full job description is available upon request.
Habitat thanks all applicants interested in the position, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Large workload
- Attention to detail
- Tight deadlines
- Work under pressure
- Fast-paced environment
Ability to Supervise
- 1 - 2 people
Accountant Specific Skills
- Analyze financial documents and reports
- Develop and maintain cost findings, reporting and internal control procedure
- Examine accounting records
- Plan, set up and administer accounting systems
- Prepare financial statements and reports
- Prepare financial information for individuals, departments or companies
- Provide financial, business and tax advice
Security and Safety
- Confidential security clearance
- Criminal record check (abstract)
- Conduct performance reviews
- Supervise staff
Financial Auditor Specific Skills
- Ensure accuracy and compliance to accounting standards, procedures and internal control
- Recommend improvements to accounting systems and management practices